It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Galerias Pacifico

Today we went to Galerias Pacifico.

We had to be in the area for something for the computer and it only made sense that we wander through the mall too.
It is such a crowded place !
Full of tourists, everywhere you turn, someone is taking photos of someone else, large groups stand at the top of the escalator and discuss where to go and what to do, causing larger groups to stand behind them and wait ...
I noticed a few things today .. since we don't go there often, I noticed more than I do at my "own" malls ..
First of all, the place is ridiculously beautiful. It is a mall, but so beautiful.

There is a huge Glass Mobile hanging from the huge glass domed ceiling...that sort of thing.

The same shops are there as in all the malls, that is the way they do things here, each mall pretty much has all the same shops, they all sell much the same thing.. it can actually take some of the Fun out of shopping.
If you let it.
I try not to let it.
But they have Bobby Brown makeup and I plan on going back soon, if my malls don't have it.
I think I would have noticed, but I will be sure to check .. maybe tomorrow.

Best of all, the top of the mall is a museum.
The Borges Cultural Center. FABulous ... really.
We went straight up to the top upon arrival and spent the next hour or so, wandering through a photo exhibit of people out in the countryside. Horses, amazing horses, cattle, gauchos, barren countryside, wrinkled old people, young men carrying bags of heavy produce like they are egg cartons.... I have to go out to the countryside and check into this.
I managed not to buy anything. I must be coming down with something.


We had someone coming to the house at 4 so we dashed over to our cafe for our afternoon pick-me-up .. cafe con leche and manzana tart. Delish.
Then home.... We have to go buy flowers now and figure out where to have dinner ordered in from.
It is the weekend, I am not cooking.





1 comment:

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger