It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Chinatown

After a long lazy morning .. after many cups of coffee , I managed to get myself together and we grabbed a taxi to Chinatown.
Of course, as soon as the taxi started driving, I forgot the names of the streets ..
but somehow, I managed to remember and we got there with no traffic and enjoying the sightseeing along the way.
Flying past the grand apartment buildings on Libertador, past the parks in Palermo, past the really grand residence for the Ambassador of the United States ... past the Hipodrome ( race track) and polo fields, then there we were ! Chinatown ! all 3 or 4 blocks of it.
We went straight to my favorite market where I found Hoisin Sauce and Sesame oil but not anything else I had in mind.
That is the way it always is when shopping, isn't it ? you have all sorts of things on your list but finding them is another thing altogether.
We played with the idea of eating there but continued with our walk and never did stop to eat.
On the drive, I told my husband, I always want to live in Belgrano when we come here.
Today was no different.
The streets with the Plane trees arched across, the character in the old buildings and the appeal of the new modern high rises, makes me want to live there.

The weather was fantastic, we have to go back soon..and next time more eating and shopping too !

2 comments:

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger