It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, May 9, 2019

Forest Creatures



I never used to think of Florida as a woodsy sort of haven for all kinds of forest creatures.
Of course I know it's full of swamps and parks and forests and beaches...but where I am living in Northeast Florida...reminds me of the house in New York.
The forest is a State Park so it's a beautiful view with a daily change of creatures coming and going...and sometimes just hanging out with the neighbors cat.
She is a brave little cat with newly healed scars on her legs .
But there she is, lolling in the grass with the raccoons.
The other night she came to my door and asked to come in.
I held the door wide and she slipped in,drank water,snacked on some kibble then curled up on a cushion and slept safe and sound.
First thing in the morning she is ready to leave...a perfect house guest.
There was that sighting of what I thought was a wolf but I have never seen it again..but it makes me be sure that no cat is out there at the mercy of fierce forest creatures.
I'm not going out there either! lol


3 comments:

  1. Is she a white cat in a snow storm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoL
    apparently the iPad won't cooperate with my blogging... I will try using the laptop
    I am not feeling Like dealing with computer related issues.
    :(

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger