It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, May 9, 2019

Home Is Where The Heart is

New York New York, it's a wonderful town........

My friend lives in New York City.
My husband and I met her and her late husband when we were living in Buenos Aires ...
My husband had great affection for them as did/do I and we were glad that they came for long visits...we lived there but they knew more than we did about the place.

We lived there for years and always felt at home ...in our home that we renovated and made a dream European style semipiso (half floor) apartment.
We loved furnishing the very high ceilinged rooms full of molding and all of the doors were French doors so I went wild at antique shops full of French antique lighting fixtures, Thonet dining table and chairs, modern sofa , Argentine hand made coffee table etc.
We would go to milongas with them,they danced so beautifully together..

Now....she and I are in the same club...she was widowed recently.
That big bear hugging ,always smiling ,Tango dancing man has passed away and she is broken hearted and I am so sad.
If I believed in such things, I would picture him with my husband, drinking some very good Malbec and laughing and being happy...in some sort of Heaven of your choice.

I need to return to New York.
Where there are friends and family and ..... something to do ~

My brother is having dinner on the beach in North Carolina...

I am on the lanai with the cats.
Well....a cat...Minette is here,Merlin and Honey said. F@?$ this..I want some AC!!

Where are you and how are you spending your day?

Chau ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger