It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Buenos Aires - The Weekends

Every weekend in Buenos Aires, they had ferias in all the neighborhoods. Ours was just a couple of blocks from our home. There were museums and a very wide boulevard and miles of parks.
And on the weekends the vendors would set up their little tables and stalls and have all kinds of goodies for sale. I got beautiful leather handbags that I can still use, that were gifts ..my husband got new belts and a wallet that is still here and soft as can be .
When you got tired of walking and looking and shopping, you could get something to eat.

There was everything from meat on skewers to ice shavings in cups to pastries .. I saved myself by just looking and enjoying a Brunch in a Sidewalk Cafe after the shopping spree.
When Tate was alive , he knew everyone, they would kiss him ( on the mouth!!) and give him treats.
So you could say that our dog was a big fan of the weekend feria.
Now this is what a bank should look like. To the right is where our home was.
Next ....Finding a Home

2 comments:

  1. "Home" - to be honest, I don't know that I've ever felt that I had a true physical home (I did think/hope I had one, once, but unfortunately things changed). Too much moving around, never in one house longer than 1-8 years since college graduation :( But, that's just life, kind of like being in the military, I guess. I don't feel like my current house is a true home, either; I am content with it to be near my daughter, but I don't love it, so I certainly don't imagine it will be the last house I live in. I guess "home" truly is where the heart is, and not always a place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we know that HOME had a totally different meaning for me at one time but things changed.
    Now it means something else ..

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger