It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, November 5, 2018

The Front Door - A Day in the Life of Two Expats




In case no one noticed, there has a been some Homesickness for Buenos Aires running around my house. I got the worst case, the cats just slept it off.
We are about to get some storms, I went to the store and bought things that don't need to be cooked  and lots of drinks and water. Nestle water with orange is my new favorite ..
When we first moved into our home in BA .. across the street was an ice cream place. My husband was sure we had moved to Heaven. Every evening after dinner, he would go pick up just enough for the 2 of us for dessert. No matter what flavor, it was always delicious.
Then he closed and moved and what do you think took over the space .. we were so sad to see the Ice Cream man leave ..... yes .. a bakery.
Across the street. Breakfast rolls still warm .. sweet cakes for dessert .. good bread ( bread in BA was pretty blah, bland, tasteless when we first moved there but we managed to find the bakeries that made good bread ... the Best being the French Bakery..L'Epi Boulangerie ..  I still miss them.



2 comments:

  1. There's nothing like GOOD bread. I don't keep bread in the house or eat it often because I want good bread, so I REALLY enjoy it (with lots of real butter!) when I get it :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger