It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Friday, November 2, 2018

Blue Skies, Nothing But Blue Skies

There are days when Florida can't boast about the blue skies and warm breezes .. but I say, Thank Goodness for that !
Our favorite line from a film we saw years ago was  when an English woman looks out her window in South Africa and declares .... Another F**ing Beautiful Day.
It was the last thing we expected to hear and the whole audience laughed out loud.
But today, I know how she felt ... day after day of warm/hot sunshine gets as monotonous as day after day in the rain.
We had the rain part when living in Oregon.
The weather in Argentina was a good mix of hot summer days, comfortable nights and then winter was grey and damp and chilly. You never have to shovel damp and chilly.
That was what we got when we returned to the US and moved to Upstate New York.
Our first winter there, my first winter there, I believe there were 6 snowstorms. The locals even remarked on it .. I was a zombie anyway so to me it was just more misery.
That and seeing the bills for heat each month ...
Funny, today is grey and gloomy and it feels normal.
Friday-what are you doing this weekend ?
I have no plans at all. I have to remind myself of what day it is ... every day is just like the other ..
But that is all coming to an end, sooner or later.
TGIF
                                    Yet there are cloudy skies like this that aren't so bad either ..

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the days blending into each other when you don't work outside the home. Sometimes I honestly couldn't tell you what day it is - even when I really sit and think about it :( I was making a doctor's appointment the other day, and the woman asked "How about Friday?". I said, "Hmm, let's see, what's today - Monday?". And she paused, and then said incredulously and as though she was speaking to a crazy person, "Ma'am, today is Wednesday". That was awkward, lol :) I grew up in Louisiana - way too much rain and humidity! The occasional rainy, gloomy, or cold day is welcome, but I prefer dry and mild. And I'll pass on snow altogether - well, maybe once a year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My weekends are still being spent trying to figure out what to do with myself now that the man works from 1 to 10 both days. Ugh.

    Today is lovely and I think I may go to the driving range for some practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lipari ... that has happened to me enough times that I am cautious when asking what day is it ..

    Linda .. those hours can mess with your head !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Candice,
    When one stays at one spot for living, things do become over familiar and we get so used to it.
    But let me see blue skies and some green during winter any time - that makes me happy!
    We have had wet days here at the moment and that while doing bathroom renovations... No use for cleaning house till they finish!
    What we do for the weekend? Tomorrow a funeral and again on Monday one where Pieter is the pall bearer. And that for a 100.5 year old woman... one of the exceptions!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marietta
    God bless her. 105 years
    Oh the things she saw and the things she did!!
    Stop and think of all that happened in the past 105 years!!
    I hope or wish that she had written a book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Candice,
    No not 105 bur 100.5... On April 18, she would be 101.
    But it is mind boggling. No she did not write a book... would have been worthwhile. She was a teacher with an A.B. degree in English and Speech and also served in The United States Naval Reserve, better known as the WAVES for the Women and got honorably discharged as a Lt.
    It sure was a pleasure and honor for knowing this lady and she even hosted my Parents in 2005 on a Tea at her home, when they came to visit us. A brilliant person who spoke her mind!
    Guess we all get influenced by our role models we interact with during our lifetime and they somehow do rub off something on us to carry on and to remember...
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mariette, she sounds like she was a wonderful Role Model.
    I am working on not being so sarcastic .. my husband used to laugh when I would say something snarky but these days, I fear I am sounding mean. which makes me sad.
    Have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Candice,
    This lady was a great Role Model indeed!
    Your husband did not live through the crazy times we are in right now.
    So much confusion by the Fake News and it is hard to focus on the many positive sides of life.
    BEST is to look at our fur babies, they're loyal, they're loving and always pure and sincere!
    Don't feel like you sound mean; it comes with this time in history. Just smile and be happy with your fur babies!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger