It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, November 19, 2018

Just saying Hello

My big computer is dead, the laptop is almost finished and I will be rduced to blogging on the iPhone.
I don't know what to do but today I will check out Apple stores , techs etc and see if something will get me back to my new normal.

At least I have the phone .. but I refuse to sit and peck out a blog on an iphone ..

Cats ... I said to mself last night , Is this what my life has come to ?
I have my own which is really all I need, especially with the inherited sweethear called Honey. Merlin and Minette and Honey get along fine .. very fine.
Honey is the size of a small dog and has a meow of a kitten and she makes me laugh ..Merlin naps and purrs and his time with me is growing shorter and that thought makes me weep. Minette is my little spitfire .. slinky little blue cat with yellow eyes and a lovely purr which her mama really appreciates .. except at 5 am when Minette can't sleep so No One can.

It is a gloonmy day so far, foggy and chilly. I don't mind. I have plenty to do in this too big for me townhouse .. I was considering shopping for some things then doing some baking nd soup making.

We will see. Once I am out of bed and dressed, will I feel like that ? or would I rather loll on the sofa with cats and a good mystery on the Kindle?

Whatever you are doing today (tell me ) I hope it is a good day.
A good day here is ... the computer is working ( desktop is not  this old laptop is )..so far.

Tell me about your weather and your day ...  I want to know what people out in the world are doing ... thank you !!

10 comments:

  1. Insomniac so work at 4am....dog park at 8:30...yard work and thanksgiving prep the rest of the day. We are told that rain is coming Wednesday.....Prayers and happy thoughts are welcome that we get a good amount to help the fire fighters but not too much to cause mud slides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I am getting fancy ! I have the keyboard plugged into the laptop so I can type more comfortably ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Candice,
    Had to move to the living room with my MacBook this morning because the painter was in the office and the glass door got installed in our new shower. Kitties hide, since October 22 men kept coming to our home. So glad this finally is getting to an end! It rained hard early morning and stayed dry later in the day around noon. Ugly, dark weather.
    Painting done in bathroom, bedroom, office and hallway. SO happy this is over with. Lots fo touch ups so now we finally can relax - I hope!
    Still tutoring at our technical college in the afternoon. Not tomorrow though, very happy that I can start cleaning the bathroom.
    So much to do as dating all my scanned letters from Mom, Mother-in-law and other relatives that are no longer with us. Treasures! Will manage one day. When getting constantly disturbed by those workers, you cannot do much...
    So Thanksgiving is a real Thanksgiving for having this mega task behind us!
    We had a very good performance with our Choir on Sunday. Did drive one hour and ten minutes in order to get there but it was fun. AND a perfectly sunny day; like 3 sunny days before rain again!
    This morning we got asked to join with other Middle Georgia choirs at our Theatre to sing Händel's Messiah. Looking forward to that - some highlights around Christmas.
    Big hugs,
    Mariette

    PS our home is also BIG enough, especially when you have to clean it ALL after all the renos + dust!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marietta
    I wish I could be there to hear the beautiful music.yes more square feet to clean:)
    I am just trying to figure out how to vacuum a serious carpeted staircase :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving! To the kitties, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Candice...
    We are in a big deep freeze today...but supposed to warm up on the weekend.
    We are going to our Granddaughters skating lesson tonight, and then bringing her home for a sleepover!
    We will have a fire tonight...she loves fires!!
    In the morning we will decorate our Christmas tree...and then bake peanut butter cookies from scratch!!
    Then on Saturday...off to our other Granddaughters first birthday party!!
    Quite a few days for us old farts!!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving from Southern California!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you cll ...
    Linda, the deep freeze is headed towards us !! yikes !!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger