It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, October 8, 2018

Sunrise Sunset
























It was a day of sunshine and mostly blue skies, warm but not too .. if one were a swimming pool person, it would be just the way you like it. But it was a perfect day for reading and being as lazy as possible on the lanai .. accompanied by a trio of soft warm purring creatures who were just content to be there with me...

I avoided listening to the news, barely watched anything on television and enjoyed the break from worry and strife and madness in all parts of the world, including Washington DC.
Last night was another one of those where at the end of a pleasant day, one action created a reaction that ended up causing me anxiety, fear and a wave of sadness and an overwhelming feeling of being so very alone.
Today I thought about it.. then tried to toss it out .. never to be thought of again. well, until now.
But it will be gone .. you step in the wrong spot, you get something nasty on your shoe , you clean your shoe and go on walking without giving it any more thought.
That stuff on my shoe was the man that lives a few houses away from me.
And he and his big mouth are relegated to the status of just some smelly stuff on my shoe.
And I learned the lesson of staying home and avoiding the neighbors. Funny, living like this, you would think everyone would know each other and it would be more ... friendly.
But just the opposite. Why did people bother to live in homes that are attached to other homes ??
I started looking at NY Real Estate lol

So tell me how your Monday was ... what are your plans for the week ?
My plan for tomorrow .. I want to buy plants/flowers and have a lanai full of geraniums and ivy and a bit pot of geraniums on the front step too.

What does your front step look like ? Yes, that is my sunset here ..

6 comments:

  1. Your plans for your lanai sound fabulous, lots of geraniums and other flowers to brighten your days. I bought Chinese sugar pea plants and Russian kale plants and planted the sugar peas today. Hoping to squeeze in a late fall crop. What book are you reading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book is on my Kindle so I have to go look and post it later:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like your lanai will be wonderful!
    Here we are sweeping leaves and preparing for winter.
    I hope you find something in NY, I think you'd be happier there.
    Hopefully Hurrican Michael isn't going anywhere near you!
    Keep safe, ignore the neghbours, enjoy your book your plants and your cats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything on the lanai is in the living room right now
    Well, almost everything.
    The rain has begun.
    Merlin is acting like an old man and Minette is Little Miss Wondercat, jumping up on high places then peering down at me like a cute little monster
    💕

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom used to plant sweet peas and they would climb the trellis and smelled wonderful.
    My grandfather, was the one with green thumbs...whatever it was, it would grow for him.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger