It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, October 8, 2018

My Weekend

There was this sweet cat hanging around the lanai all the time. She wanted food and company .. my cats were curious and I felt terrible for her. Outside at least all day, in the heat and bugs and threat of racoons and whatever else Florida has to offer in the woods ... we had an alligator or two in our lake ..
who knows how a cat would survive in the woods .

So I let her in.
Keeping my cats in the house , no exposure to germs or fleas since the little cat had no collar and I had no idea where she was from.
But I couldn't leave her outside alone and meowing.
When I opened the door you could hear her purring for miles :)

She is a sweet big girl .. grey with scars that match on both thighs .. something tells me that she has met the raccoons before.

My first thought was .. this isn't a dog. You don't open the door for the cat to run out and pee in the yard then come back in. She was especially at risk at night .. it is a State Forest behind me. No hunting, all kinds of creatures live there with no worries but where to get dinner ...

I opened my lanai door and wanted to see if I could pet her ..... Pet her ?? She dashed into the lanai, lay down and started purring like a maniac.
I think they were purrs of relief.

It was dark out .. not a good time to find her family.*Mistake # 1*
I decided to go to a couple of houses and ask if someone was missing a cat.
Result:
You would have thought I asked for their first born and all their money.
I have never in my life been greeted/met/been treated so rudely, so threateningly, so scarily by "neighbors " or actually, anyone else .. anywhere !
And in my fragile state of just getting over or still suffering the last shreds of PTSD ... I stood at the mans door and just looked at him. The fact that he was so angry and yelling in my face just did not compute.

I turned around and walked home.
When I got in the house, I cried. For my husband not being here with me. For the idea that I am alone with insane people living nearby and they might be dangerous .. If a simple question from a neighbor about a cat set this guy off, imagine if someone complained to him about something .... they would be toast !

So here I am. In a 3 bedroom 3 bath condo with laundry room and enclosed lanai.
That I am now afraid to walk out of ..
I go into the garage from my hall .. never stepping outside.
*This would be so great if it was in NY in the winter*

I don't know anyone here, vaguely the people on either side of me but not really.
While I am in the most luxurious home with my cats, I just want to be back in New York, where I understand the crazy people and they have never threatened me or screamed in my face.
Not even that guy in Manhattan who sleeps in doorways .. he called me Prettylady.

So that is my Monday Tale of Woe.
My weekend stunk lol


1 comment:

  1. Goodness. This is terrible. For you. I just discovered you and your blog so after reading just a few entries I now want to go back and fill in from the beginning or at least to get to know you and your doggie and husband and recent past. This will take me a while. Meanwhile I'm wishing you the best in your move if you make it. Happy hunting. (I'm trying to move too but for different reasons)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger