It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, October 13, 2018

It Is Time

Storms elsewhere give us some beautiful sunsets, it is chilly and sunny and not one cloud in the sky this morning.
The cats and I woke up freezing because the air conditioning was on but it is chilly out .. it felt kind of good ... waking up under a pile of blankets with cats huddled against me for warmth .. reminding
me of living in NY .. I am homesick.
I have absolutely no plans for the day. Which probably means that the cats and I will spend our time on the lanai with a book. although the cats don't want to read, they like to keep me company.
I also thought a corner flower market would be nice for getting more potted plants for the lanai.
I want to put a bit pot on the front step by the door ..something bright and cheerful.
But not too welcoming, I want no one to come to my door :)
I got a bad taste the other night of what kind of people live near me ... the closest ones are the best, I am so thankful. But just a few doors away are some Dr Lectors and a possible Mad Dog Killer too ..
not to mention the Neanderthals ...
Plans are slowly in the works for new sights and sounds and neighbors ..  it is time.

3 comments:

  1. Dearest Candice,
    Oh it can be rather scary when we take a close look at some of the residents... When you think it is time to move on; just do it!
    We are for the first day with power and Internet, yesterday a few hours without and the day before was for 19 hours straight since hurricane Michael passed through. Scary noise... But no damage, only some trees down, not even big ones.
    So many people have bad luck in south Georgia and the Florida panhandle.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really tragic , the damage and loss for so many people from these storms.
    We were lucky .. location makes a difference but luck does too.
    Right now I am working on saving a cat :)
    If it isn't one thing, its another

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure is tragic Candice...Good luck with your cat saving! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger