It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, October 25, 2018

"Easy Spirit " ?

A while back, I bought a pair of "clogs" made by Easy Spirit.
They are cool, as in not hot to wear, black fabric and some woven stuff. They are great for running out to the mailbox etc and anyone who does not wear shoes in the house knowns how comfy/handy it is to slip into a "clog" kind of shoe when going outside ..

They are pretty new, barely worn .... I put them on yesterday to .. walk to the mailbox which is about a  block from my door .. easy nice walk.
As I walked towards the door the one shoe felt weird.
I looked at it and the entire sole on the left shoe was coming off.
The soles are not even dirty yet .. the stupid shoes are new .. so I put superglue on the sole and left it overnight and have not looked at them yet.
I did send a cranky complaint to Easy Spirit because even if my glue job worked well, I resent spending money on shoes that have to be glued to keep from falling apart.
What would have happened if it fell apart while I was walking somewhere ?? out of the house .. ?

I really resent trusting these brands that are around and seem popular/reliable and then have the product completely fall apart before even being used.

So my advice ... for Free !! .... Watch out for Easy Spirit products ... especially the shoes.

I complained to the company - I will let you know what happens. Aside from me being cranky about spending money and trusting products to be worth the bother .. my bedroom slippers have lasted longer than some of my shoes. And I wear them in the house all the time.

Hmmmm ... maybe I will start a new trend. Wear your bedroom slippers out .. grocery shopping, to the kids ball games , yeah .... 

5 comments:

  1. Not a new trend. The kids at school do it all the time.

    And I agree, I HATE wasting money on products I have trusted. I want my Kenmore/Ford/Corelle/Hershey to be exactly what I expect of them. Nothing less.

    Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL .. "Nothing less " Amen to that !!
    I am well thank you ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - I have some low-heeled brown leather lace-up ankle boots that I bought 20 years ago, and they weren't that expensive at the time. They are well-worn, scuffed, all that. I had not worn them in years because they were out of fashion. I've been wearing them again recently because - guess what - they are back in style! Last week a group of young ladies in a Starbucks said they loved them and asked where I got them, lol! But that night, I saw that the sole of one had cracked all the way across :( I'm thinking of trying to glue it, haha! I am hard on shoes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too funny Candice!😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger