It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, August 5, 2018

I Know I Am Boring

I guess knowing you are boring is better than being a bore and thinking your are fascinating.

I blame it all on living alone with cats who refuse to speak English .. plus ... I am alone 24 hours a day and rarely speak to people on the phone ..so it kind of cuts down the opportunities to have a Life here.

I am in the midst of making plans to change things though .. I can't depend on other people .. they have their own lives and I think I am finally beyond the need for a babysitter. for myself.

So now we can move on to the fun stuff...
Where to go, house ? apartment ?  rent or buy ?
I really want a rental. House.

Sometimes I daydream about a house with a dog but then I remember the not so fun dog stuff ... walking them before bed ... barking ...
Our last dog, Tate ... would go to the door and just stare at it ... then the doorbell would ring.
At first he gave me the creeps ... but after a while it was great, we went to the door before they rang the bell.
He rarely barked. Only when he was having fun in the park did he get crazy sometimes, but at home, never. He did growl once or twice .. the scariest was when he went to the door and growled.
We looked out and no one was there ... did they run when they heard the growl ?

Now if someone came into my home, they would immediately be covered in cat hair and trip several times as they tried to walk into the living room or up the stairs.
If they had allergies, well, they should bring their own oxygen.
God forbid anyone tried to sneak up the stairs in the dark ... 3 cats winding around your legs then lying on the step in front of you puts an end to any hope of making it to the top without falling once or twice.

And then there is Minettes new hobby... she dashes halfway up the stairs - then waits .. but when you get to her step, she will wrap herself around your ankles.
Is she encouraging me to Keep going mama, you can do it !! or is she saying I'm scared mama, hold me !!
I often start at the bottom of the staircase empty handed but then end up at the top of the stairs with a little blue cat in my arms ... or a large, ridiculously soft pile of hair named Merlin who just gets tired and waits for a ride the rest of the way up.
And then there is Honey. Honey who hates to be picked up. Honey who weighs almost  as much as I do.
For such a young huge cat, she is silent .. a pleasure. Sweet as she can be.
I hope my mom knows how dear that cat is to me.

She is behind me know, on a file box .. sort of spilling over the edges, having her pre-nap wash ..
I am posting photos of them so you can put faces to names  ..
Have a good Sunday .. a peaceful quiet day or a fun exciting day .. which is it ?


Minette
Merlin

Merlin

Honey
Honey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger