It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, August 13, 2018

Lazy Days


Company is coming.
They will stay in a hotel, and be here for only a few days but it will be such a treat to see the little man and my son and his wife too.  I am not sure what we will do besides sit and talk. And go to a Fish Camp for dinner one night.

We are having Florida weather. Hot and Humid... storms on the way.

I remember the house in NY only needed air conditioning at night when I was falling asleep, otherwise, it was almost always cool and comfortable. Something to be said for living in the Northern parts of NY State ..
I miss those hills and woods ... I have a forest behind me but it is all pine trees.

Where little raccoons live and visit me every night now ... they discovered cats ! And my cats have discovered them. I look out the glass doors and see my cats and know if there is something out there, my cats are frozen in place, not a muscle moving, not even a twitch and eyes are huge ....Minette is on guard duty, Honey daydreams and watches Merlin, Merlin sleeps..

And on occasion, Mama runs out onto the deck, bangs a pan and the raccoons run back into the woods and quit picking at the door or screens to get in.

Storms are coming. I don't really mind. As long as words like floods and hurricanes are not used I am okay ... sort of.
I never had anxiety attacks when the man on the weather channel said it was going to Snow....
hmmmm.....

So this is the last of my Lazy Day posts. I and you can also call it the Last of the Bored to Tears posts. I have gotten both  .. bored and boring..
I am working on that. I hope you stick with me. Things will change .... they always do ~

**
I have changed the comments to being read before published because some people/a person, thinks because they read my blog they have the right to say personal and insulting things to me.
IF I ever need advice , I will be sure to make it clear to one and all that I want them to post a comment or send me a note and tell me how I should Live, Think, Feel.
**

6 comments:

  1. I read your blog every morning. I love knowing about the cats and how much you adore them. And they you. Wishing you joy as you plan for your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Candice...
    Enjoy your company...
    Hot and humid up here too....waste of a Summer...
    Supposed to be a hot Fall, and a mild Winter...I can handle that!
    Hope your plans are coming together, and you find yourself where you want to be....💓
    How old is your Grandson now?
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your family visit. I too read comments on my blog before they are posted, to keep out spam comments from weird businesses, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your time with your grandson and family. That change alone will do you good I'm sure.
    Bored to tears is something I know all about since we moved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, it is funny ( to me anyway) but I have 2 grandsons .. about 20 years apart.
    heti ... I am sorry that you know how I feel .. send me an email .. cry on my shoulder ..
    Terra, it is annoying but I kind of wish we had this in Real Life .. delete someone if they say something snarky :)
    Unknown, I am sorry you are unknown to me .. thank you so much for your kind words !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, C! I have just come in to see how you are doing, and am happy to read that you are about to have a visitor or 3!! That little one will be a joy to have around. Wish I could see him, too. Loved seeing the 3 kitties—Honey has not been following her diet! It’s boring here too and Hot as Hell to boot. I wish I was in FL! At least near the water its a little cooler nand being outside isn’t something only for crazy people! Take care....all well here with us both, but can’t wait until we get back to FL!!
    Xo...me

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger