It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, April 1, 2018

"Shelter"

This is a shelter dog who sat and waited. And waited and finally a kind human came along and adopted him.
As you can see, he is afraid but hopeful, then joyous ... Dogs - They are not stupid ... he was in a Kill Shelter.
How is that for a misnomer  Kill ... Shelter .
What a wonderful world it would truly be if there were No such thing as a "Kill Shelter" .. 
Shelter gives you the idea that you are safe, sheltered from harm .. quite the opposite actually.
At least this little guy got out , he went Home ... How many don't ?



3 comments:

  1. Wonderful. He looks timid and scared in pic one and ecstatic in two. Makes me so happy for him or her.

    Happy Easter Candice♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really tugs at the heart, doesn't it? At least with a shelter, even the kill ones, animals have a chance at finding a home rather than roaming and becoming wild. Neutering is the answer, I think, and I wish more people in my area did that. I'm out in the countryside and folks out here tend not to do that. I gained an absolutely wonderful male cat last year who was hanging around spraying everywhere. When I discovered he was living rough in my yard, I took him in and immediately made the vet appointment. He's the best cat I've ever had and I've had some pretty wonderful cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neutering and chips .. my cat was chipped before I could bring him home.
    My cats are grief babies :) I needed them for comfort and company after my husband died.
    Then when I moved to Fl to live near my mom, she died .. I inherited her cat.
    So now I have 3 cats and adore them and that is my family now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger