It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, January 29, 2018

Monday morning

It is grey and gloomy out and I really would have liked to sleep later ... but there is the matter of ... cats.
They wake up and expect breakfast ... yeah, well, I wake up and expect coffee but I have to get it myself.

Now everyone has been fed and morning naps are in progress, except for Honey who is having a very thorough bath, on her perch beside my chair.
And old toy box with a little rug on top , under the window, perfect for napping kitties ..or bathing kitties as the case may be.

Being so gloomy out and nothing I have to do, there will be closets ransacked and maybe something complicated baked or cooked .. we will see.
It would have been nice to sleep a bit later .. maybe a nap will happen this afternoon.

The Little Lost Cat is out there , first thing this morning .. crying crying ..I fed it the kibble my cats left after they had their breakfast .. this is a good way to Not throw out good food and to help a starving young cat.
It is cold and raining out , I am not going to think about that little cat , wet cold and at least not hungry right now.

I am going to attack the closets .. throw out things I have not worn in a year .
Make bags of clothes to donate.

I might bake something sweet .. we will see how much energy I have .. but a day like today, requires the smell of baking in the house ..

Happy Monday to All ... what are you doing ? Are you glad it is Monday or were you having way too much fun this weekend to wake up to a Monday ?
Tell us about it ....

6 comments:

  1. AND I still can't comment on any blogs, including mine without switching to Safari ... so don't expect much from this blog for at least a day ... to John / Going Gently ... my chin will be firmly up or else ! :)
    ttfn !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never once in my life thought "I need to bake". I wish that I did but, alas, I am not much of a baker or cook.

    Happy Monday to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, well , "I need to bake " comes right before "I have to eat a warm chocolate chip cookie" ... you see, there is a method here ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am leaving the computer for a while. It is not making me happy. We will have a trial separation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can comment again so congrats on the blog process! Computers can be so frustrating.
    Monday brought a return to work after a two week vacation so I wasn't that thrilled it was Monday.
    Have a good Tuesday.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie, I hope you see this - have a good Wednesday ! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger