It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sundays With Merlin

Merlin is old. Merlin is slow. Merlin loves to sleep. Merlin especially likes to sleep on my bed.
I happen to love having him sleep on the bed with me .. imagine a soft like a stuffed toy, large cat that purrs like a great big cat and enjoys nothing more than a snuggle.

That's Merlin, my love.

Today is hot and sunny and I am blue so the best thing for me is to keep busy. I will do things in the house with the cats, no doubt disturbing their naps and peace and quiet but I will reward them with goodies later.
A little birdie told me that the cats would love a bit of that roasted salmon I made.
That birdie is right.

It is gorgeous out. Sunshine, a cloud here and there and a little wind.
I have nowhere to go and nothing to do and that is just fine.

So I am headed downstairs to the lanai and a nice wicker chair with cushions and taking my book and my soda and I will be joined by one old slow beautiful cat, one young sprightly beautiful blue kitten  and one large, very large, calico cat who is still   a kitten ..  even if she is bigger than a small dog.
Every pound of her is full of love though ... that is Honey.

I hope your day is full of love and sunshine and a cat or two. ... or three.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you had a nice day. For me for some reason Sunday evenings get me the most "blue". Tomorrow will start a new bright week dear one/ kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very nice day, all alone with the cats but it was peaceful. I understand the blue feeling. Wishing you a bright week too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like heaven Candice ..... a good book, beautiful weather, a long, cool drink and three cats to keep you company .... lovely. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacqueline, those cats have saved me so many times .. it is hard to be blue when you have cats around, as well as if you have a dog. Both are good for people .. as we are good for them. I need a puppy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Candice,
    Yes, our furry babies we cannot do without...
    We missed ours for 8 nights while we were in Florida and they sure missed us.
    Even if they still could lie on the beds (yes, all 3 bedrooms!) it meant little without us being home.
    They do come for their cuddles, the ones that don't sleep with us.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger