It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Let The Fun Begin !

I seem to have forgotten what is involved when owning a House.
I mostly remember the apartment in Argentina .. 100 years old and oozing charm and sometimes water from upstairs .. Stately, charming and foreign.
When things are foreign, I tend to forgive easier.
So what if the floors made so much noise ? So what if the bathtub was so big that the water got cold before it was filled up ?
So what if the glass in the windows was wavy and distorted the view .. it is old !
It is beautiful.
Now we have this house.

It is not too old .. but it is old .. and not that charming .
But the property makes it heavenly. An acre of woods, shrubs, flowers and lawns, a pool , bird houses on all the trees on the perimeter, honeysuckle all over the side of the garage, chipmonks scurrying around , all sorts of birds flying all over the place ..

I went down to the basement to see the washer and dryer.
I promptly had a breakdown.
(When I was a child, I saw a magazine where  Real Life crime photos of a murder had been published.. I think it was committed in my new basement.)
So my sweet husband has promised to paint it all bright white, put in carpet and I think I will have airport runway lights put in .. no dark corners allowed.
Maybe I can pipe in music ? well, maybe not but I think he might end up being my laundry companion from now on....

The movers called ... they will be here Saturday the 29th.
I will once again, be moving into a new home.
I can't wait .. because you know there is decorating to do, shopping for things to decorate with, company coming to see the new place, a grandbaby due any minute and more .. let the fun begin !








4 comments:

  1. YAHOO!!!
    What time does the fun begin!
    What can I bring?
    Good luck...
    Better get at that laundry!

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    PS....PICTURES???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like 'busy' is the go-to word for some time now dear..........but you'll manage to get it all shipshape and beautiful in time.

    The basement - yes good lighting is the best idea for creepy spaces, and of course white paint by the gallon! Hope the furniture arrives promptly, in perfect condition, and on a sunny, dry day which always makes it much easier.

    Good luck, thinking of you.
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be busy for sure! :). The fun kind of busy. The best kind. Yeah.. i can picture your basement. Older New England houses often have cellars like that. Like something out of Paranormal Witness or a Stephen King novel...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How old is your "new" home? You are so lucky to have a back drop of Mother Nature.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger