It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Time flies ......

Moments ago, I said to someone... Time flies. 
I was speaking of her baby growing so fast .. but then that led me to think of how Time, really does fly.
We have lived here for 3 years. 
In a couple of months, we will have lived in this apartment, our home in Buenos Aires, for 3 years.
Pup is going to be 11 years old. He looks great for his age, you would never think he was more than, oh, 7.
He hops around, he runs and plays and still is the first one to invite another dog to play .. but he is not a kid anymore.


It seems like just yesterday that we were bringing him home in the car, towel in my lap, stopping a few times on the way so he could be car sick. Now he rides in cars and flies in airplanes!


Before we arrived here, we agreed that it was Not Forever, we could come "home" if ever, whenever we wanted to , we would stay as long as we liked. 
We stepped off the airplane and it seems that for months, we never sat down again. All the Visa paperwork continued here, the hunt for a new home, the renovating and furnishing of the new home and trying to learn Spanish from a lovely teacher who must have gone home after each class, had a stiff drink and asked herself, Why do I do this?


Time flew. The apartment is ready for a re-decoration .. don't tell my husband.
The painter will come soon ( he was supposed to be here already... is anyone ever on time?) and we will do a little sprucing up , repairing damaged walls where upstairs leaks ruined downstairs walls.
I want to do some decorating with antiques, mirrors, find a rug ... meanwhile I still look at the real estate sections online.


And then something catches my eye and I find myself sitting up late looking through real estate in NY again.
My imagination is caught by a color or a style or a lake in front of the house ... I wonder what it would be like to live there . At least they speak English.




My husband likes the idea of visiting Spain. I still want to go back to Paris and London.
But then I worry, what if we see something affordable and want to move ?


We have been here only 3 years ! Yet it seems like it has been a long time, so much was done, but then it seems like it was only yesterday. 
Time flew ... 


Photo by JDanko

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger