It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Don't Worry

There was a time when all the little things that have happened recently would be laughed at or shared or one person would quietly suggest..." don'worry about anything."
And I would not worry.
Remembering that I married my husband when I was 20 and he was a very well traveled experienced man a few years older, I was quite content to explore and be happy and secure with no worries.
And then he was gone.

My having  been so young and inexperienced in so many "grown up"things, he took care of things as usual and I took care of other things. When he opened a business,he knew he could devote all that time and energy because I would be home with our small children and he knew he didn't have to worry.
Through our lives together we had a perfect partnership  and for me,I was gifted with the freedom from worry.

When he was worried about something, he saw a doctor and had a test. The doctor called and said,everything is fine,nothing to worry about.
Except no one knew about the blood clots that the test caused..the kind that end up traveling to your heart and killing you .

I try hard to not worry about Things and my children are wonderful at being smart adults who
understand how I worry...
My mom once said that it was inherited from my great grandmother....the Worry  gene.
My daughter will say " don't worry" and I try not too.

Today I got an email from my son.
He has had horrible things to worry about in the past and thankfully those worries are gone, if anyone can say that about parents of a preschooler.

But this is what my son said to me  today ........

Everything is going to be fine...Don't worry Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger