It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, April 25, 2019

The Woods

These are my woods.

Of course they are everyone's woods but I feel affection for a pine tree forest. 
That is what my childhood consisted of..."the woods"
And my grandfathers lake.
You are reading the ingredients of what makes a small child , new to the area, no friends and a young mother overwhelmed with Everything...discovering a life  with the woods.
No more beach, no more doting grandparents..but a sense of curiosity and willing to explore those deep woods..

And now , here I am...here we are if you count the cats but they only get to look at those woods, they do not go into them.

It is a forest that is on State land
I was told this when I moved in and I have been so happy with the forest outside full of forest creatures.
.
Personally...as in up close and personal, I have seen a large pretty Green Snake..he and I had to fight over who stayed and who had to go. 

He left ..finally.,,then I felt bad for closing the door on him...
There have been wolfish/coyote kind of large creatures lurking around ..every kind of bird and all sizes.Some the size that the cats had to be inside the house.


This morning I heard a familiar noise but out of place..why would I hear a tractor?
There was a Bulldozer!!
I was horrified.
My Woods!!
What I think they did was clear the vines , ivy, dead branches etc and make things a little less of a fire hazard
And there is now a road where park rangers /firemen could use if the need ever came up.


But My woods are still there.....


'The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, 
And I have promises to keep 
And I have promises to keep....'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger