It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Ms Fixit

It is a good thing no one can see me or hear me.
I am sneering with disgust at the computer and I have been calling it all kinds of names. For hours.
I want to throw it out but I am not that unhinged.
And while I am fed up disgusted and tired of computer BS ... I am sad.
My husband would quietly sit down, fix it quickly, give me a kiss and go back to whatever it was he was doing .. reading or watching the news or planning some more travel.
It is times like this that it takes everything I have not to just give up, lie down and weep .. then weep some more.
I miss him so much anyway but being alone ALL the time then needing advice or help with the stupid computer just makes me want to give up.
The cats aren't even in here, where they always gather when Mommy is on the machine... usually with pretty music playing ..

All I wanted to do was clean junk out of the computer. It is yahoos fault. They changed things, causing me to change things etc.

I like gmail but I have always used Yahoo when I read news, weather and whatever.
This morning there was a hint of possible trouble .. a good computer with its security plus all on .. started behaving as if there was something going on ..
I did a virus scan.
Somethings turned up.
I deleted things and emptied trash * I know I am going to be looking for those things later*..

Now I am not sure of the machine and not sure of me.

Plus .. people use their computers for things that need security and I have no way of knowing if I am still safe and secure ... you never know, someone will want all those cat photos and recipes !

So that has been my day.
That and having an old cat that is suddenly acting old and making me nervous.
And 2 young cats that hang around him and make sure he has company ... Minette is especially bonded to him .. Honey too .. sweet babies.
I have decreed that Merlin lives to be a record breaking Oldest Cat in the World.
So I have to go watch over him some more now and be sure he   remembers that goal.
Besides, my heart can break only so many times before it is irreparable ..


3 comments:

  1. Candice....how I wish for you a community. How I wish your neighbors were friendlier sorts with pot lucks and street bbq's. I hope that your future plans invite that into your life.

    Cats be lovely things but they are abysmal at fixing computers or a clogged drain.

    And Merlin......he knows he has a good thing going. Beautiful boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Candice,
    Well, for support on my computer, I never have to miss my Pieter.
    Having been his secretary now for some 49 years, he's way too spoiled for starting things on his own! But nevertheless, it can at times throw you off completely and you would like to run away, push a button and fly away.
    But again, how could we ever function without it?!
    In August of 2015 my old PC quit and through some genius locally, from a computer store, he saved my files from the broken hard drive.
    I've dared to make the switch to all Apple and after a rough start initially, I love my iMac, my MacBook which I bought a year later for travel or for using on my lap in the living room.
    Wish I could visit you and help you out...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    Love your sweet Merlin and the company he gets from Minette and Honey! They all ARE family to us and to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mariette, the desk top w bought in the US lasted forever then we gave it away when we moved to Argentina, buying my new slick modern Mac ... I am using the MacBook right now and the desk top is the one that is ailing.
    I probably picked up a virus hopping around the internet .. although I rarely explore that much, I go to My Sites = and then get away from the desk. I don´t want to spend so much time at the computer anymore ..
    This laptop keyboard is confused and occasionally will throw in a symbol that I don´t understand
    Ñ ' this is what I get if I hold down the shift key and push the semi colon key ..It is Ñ in Spanish suddenly lol I can´t make smiley faces anymore

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger