It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Friday, September 14, 2018

Stay Safe

There hasn't been much to talk / blog about ..
I live in Florida.
I live alone with 3 cats in a beautiful townhouse on the edge of a forest .. No one walks here and no one visits each other ... the neighbors are quiet/silent and super nice when they do speak to me  ..
I did get one note, left at my door ... from No Name on the note .. telling me that I should stop leaving my garbage cans outside and that my dog bothers her.

ok

There is one in every neighborhood ... usually more than one but so far, she is the first nutter that I have come across.

So now I make a point of leaving the garbage cans out  the night before  and I told the cats to learn to bark.

I have this fear. Not quite sure where it came from and or why but at the same time, I imagine most sane people have this fear ... Hurricanes.
I am terrified at the thought of a hurricane.

So you can imagine how calm and serene I have been feeling the past couple of days and I see no reason to change that yet.
I talk to myself, trying to convince myself that it is not close but the thought terrifies me.
Then of course, it is on the news 24/7 plus special programs talking about the devastating hurricanes in the past .... like someone needs fresh images in their head as they prepare to run for their lives.

We are not (so far) in any danger of this storm ..I had a friend  a long time ago who bought or built a beach house in NC .. she lived in the mountains but loved the beach .. so she left  her husband in the mountains and went to live at the beach. With a pack of dogs. I wonder how much she likes living there now that this sort of thing is a yearly occurrence ..

The worst thing that happened to me living in Upstate NY was so much snow at a bad time in my life but it was shoveled and cleared and the house remained standing .
I am a weather wimp.

I bought Lotto and Powerball tickets.
If I win something, I will buy something .... big.
Beeeeg.

So all of you , stay inside and away from oceans and hurricanes and let me know how you are and where you are if you wish ...
Stay Safe ... Stay Dry !!!!

4 comments:

  1. Dearest Candice,
    We are about 2 hours from the coast of Georgia so we never are in the hurricane's path. BUT we get all those evacuees coming west bound on I-16. Yesterday when I had to go to Atlanta, it was the worst ever traffic jam all through the city. That's also an impact.
    Feeling sorry for the elderly that have to evacuate; such a stress and we both were discussing on our way to Atlanta, what can people do with lots of pets? How many can you take with you in your car?! Tragic for animals in the wild too.
    As for your cowardly no-name complainer in your neighborhood, that is giving away more about the anonymous person than about you. Yeah, I start thinking about teaching our cats to start barking too!
    But it is THEIR problem, not yours. As my husband always puts it: 'Be glad you don't have to live with such a person!'
    Stay safe and hope fall sets in soon. Yesterday was so hot!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are dry for now...awaiting Summers last big thunderstorm wind storm...
    Safe at home...
    Enjoy your weekend...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger