It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, September 3, 2018

Monday Monday

My daughter drove South and gave her old cat away. He is ancient, she has a new puppy and another cat.. I am feeling now like I should have taken him .. He would have probably been happy here, no dogs, just peace and quiet and good food ... Although my daughter is a much better cook than I am.

I am actually feeling bad that that old cat is no longer in the family. I guess because I have my ancient old Merlin who is still here and eating and grumbling 💕
I think I might have a slight "thing" about Loss.
Too suddenly and too close together, I lost people that meant the world to me ... I still feel the absence .. every day. Odd times, not just upon waking or going to sleep and every hour in between ..
When I hear something that would have made someone smile, I want to share it .. when I see something that would have made someone laugh , I want to share it .. when I want a hug ..

The sky was blue this morning .. I was happy that I had nothing I had to do but be lazy .. I am perfecting my skills at being lazy.
I should go to the store but I will test my powers of invention, dinners with hardly any ingredients, that sort of thing.

I wish I could call and order something .. this is when I fondly remember Buenos Aires .. call any cafe or restaurant and order whatever you want and it will arrive at your door..
City Living has a lot to say for itself.

The sky is solid clouds now.
I don't care if we have storms and rain.
Just no floods or high winds.
I think that is reasonable, don't you ?

 Nosey  Neighbors ......

8 comments:

  1. I like how you could call a restaurant in Buenos Aires and they would deliver food. Many of my errands revolve around food shopping, having a gourmet meal delivered sounds great. I've been feeling sad recently and missing my hubby. As you said there are things we would like to share with the missed person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry for what you are going through.
      Yes, every day there is something that I want to share with him..saying You will laugh at this or You will love this and laughing together.
      I am still waiting for the missing to lessen.

      Delete
  2. It is beginning to sound like you may well be heading north again. I'm just noticing that the leaves on some of our Red Maples have just started to change. A resident coyote has been hanging out beneath our wild plum tree, enjoying Nature's Bounty I assume. It won't be long before the smell of woodsmoke will be filling the air. For some reason, I haven't been able to post here for a while??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mundi , I was unable to post on my own blog tonight using Chrome, I am using Safari now and all is normal. go figure~ :)

      Delete
  3. I don’t know why you were unable to post, hopefully whatever it was , it won’t happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there...
    Finally able to write a comment!
    So glad I came back and tried again...
    We ares still stormy and humid up here...
    Waiting for some Fall like weather...
    cheer!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can order meals to be delivered to your home. Try Grubhub and Ubereats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Northerner, I am just a couple of blocks away from many restaurants that deliver ... I used them quite a lot when I first moved here, I will have to get back into that habit again ! :)
      Thank you ..

      Delete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger