It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Say A Little Prayer

This is Merlin.  I just call him Merlin My Love. He purrs when I call him that.
I saw him online , an animal shelter website. They told me he was old. I said I would come get him.
It was total love at first sight. He purrs when I speak to him. He likes to lie on a pillow on the lanai and get all warm and toasty .. those little old man bones soak up the warmth .. and he naps.
He is a Champion Napper.

Minette is years younger than he is .. they bonded right away. Even Honey, the young and huge cat loves him ..

This morning Merlin is acting a little differently. Minette and I are watching over him. She is in there now, under the bed, just keeping an eye on him.
I got him to eat some dry kibble, I wanted to do a happy dance when he was crunching away .. but then he stopped and seems to be sleeping again.
I am praying that he is just tired and bored. I am praying he will stay with me a bit longer .. a lot longer.
Minette and Honey and I need our 3rd Musketeer .. or should that be Mouseketeer ?

Say a little prayer .. for Merlin ..




7 comments:

  1. Sweet sweet boy. I’m so glad you guys found each other. Hopefully he’s just got a little bug and will be good as new tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Merlin rallies, we had a much loved cat appear near death, and he rallied on his own, using one of his nine lives to live a good long time more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Candace,
    What a sweet little man he is!
    May God grant him some more time with you...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure hope your little fellow will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for sweet Merlin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He got up and had a snack and water and went back under the bed on his nest that I made with towels and soft pillow cases.
    That he walked at and drank is fabulous ... to me anyway :)

    Thank you very very much for the good wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger