It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

The Story


Where I live now, the homes are almost all single story except for the monster homes that look more like a new mini-mall than a house. Then there are the townhouses and those you can see and some you can not see. You cannot see mine. We are off a boulevard but gated so where my home is located, there are woods and a curve in the street . I can walk to a supermarket and a small strip mall of shops and yet , all I see when I look out the windows are forest and ridiculously blue skies. 
Those skies often have US Navy Jets zooming across them, which just thrills me. 
( I was born on an Air Force base ..  )

Today is warm and sunny and the blue skies have a few clouds, there were storms south of here, we might end up getting them also. The cats and I have plenty of groceries and books to read and excellent nap spots. Even the little wandering cat has her own spot if she chooses to visit , since whoever she belongs to is so careless with her.
Last night I had to rescue her. I had seen her earlier in the evening but hoped that she had gone home to be safe for the night. Then I heard noises and turned on the light and looked out to see her standing up to but definitely out gunned by 2 full sized raccoons. Those raccoons are tough and they have babies so that little cat was definitely in the wrong place at the wrong time ...  but maybe not.
I opened the lanai door and she dashed in and started wrapping herself around my ankles and purring her thanks to me. She ended up getting  a light dinner and a snug safe bed for the night.
She is so sweet.
Today might be a day of frivolous shopping and possible future planning.
My future needs some plans.
What are your Future plans ? short term or long ? Where ? When ?
You sort of know what ours were, if you have followed me ..my husband owned businesses, sold them, quit working.. we sold our home and moved South.
 He was bored witless so we went on trips .
One trip to Portland, Oregon, made him want to live there.
So we moved to Portland. I loved it.. the husband , the dog and I in a posh all glass condo in what had been a brewery building ! A year was all it took for my husband to get antsy, luckily we had a neighbor that was crazy about our dog, so he offered to pup-sit .. 
We went to Buenos Aires, Argentina for 2 weeks.
To be continued .........











No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger