It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Spike

Have a seat and I will tell you a story ~

A long time ago, when I was just a baby, we lived in the US where there was a large desert.
My grandfather, a Marine Sgt, had a large pit bull named Spike .. yes, Spike.

I was about 3-4 years old and my mother got busy with something in the house and I crawled off the porch and wandered out into the yard with my doll.

My mother heard the dog growl and looked out the window, in time to see me sitting on a little rise
in the yard , with that huge dog coming at me, snarling and growling ...

Mom ran as fast as she could to get to me before the dog, it was a lost race, the dog got  there first ...grabbed the rattlesnake that was coiled and about to strike me and the dog shook it to death.

Grandfather rushed the dog to the vet , thank goodness for anti-venom shots ..
Spike lived to be a really old dog, constant companion to his little girl.









6 comments:

  1. Yes, thank goodness for that good boy and he was a hero .. he lived to be an old boy thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I keep explaining that how any dog acts is about training and it's environment.

    Glad you are allowing anonymous comments again. I so often want to comment bu t don't want to create more accounts.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger