It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Friday, October 20, 2017

Friday Night and

Friday ... I remember when Fridays were looked forward to , plans made for Friday nights, weekend plans made ... and then, one day .. every night was Friday night and every day was the weekend.
But it was still fabulous ..

Here, now, Friday nights are only recognised because there might be something to watch on the television. Otherwise, Every night is Friday night and every day is Saturday ... except when I want an office to be open for something important and I have to wait until Monday !!

This whole car license plate deal has become ... well ... an ordeal.
They were closed today when I drove over to do it .. there is more to it than I thought and I don't have one thing that they need so I have to send away and wait for it ... the whole thing is annoying  and I feel like just saying to hell with it and go back to NY.
I mean really, I am driving a new car with license plates and registration etc and they want one more thing ..  there is no One More Thing ...

And of course, I get anxious and then the heart thing happens and to hell with it, I can take my car with NY license plates and go back to NY .

There, that felt good.

Dinner was ridiculously Southern and I loved it.
Fried chicken with grits. yep .. I have gone over to the dark side, dark meat chicken with buttery grits.

So it is Friday night and the weekend is ahead and I have nothing planned.

What are you doing ? What is The Plan ?
I remember making plans for weekends in the old days, dinners, Sunday drives Upstate, Feria in San Telmo on Sunday with Tango in the streets ... now ... nothing.
Oh wait, not "nothing" ... heavy rains are expected with flooding.
I can't find the words ......

So moving on,  to more fun things ...  my Genealogy ...
wow ... The Names I Could Drop !!!!

One of my 8th cousins ... had a son ... who became President of the United States ...  not that long ago.

Friday Night 

1 comment:

  1. Fridays aren't what they used to be apparently. Hopefully the weather remains decent over here.

    And that's a great fun fact to find. Warm greetings!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger