It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, February 1, 2016

Stress, Friends, Choices .. Being Thankful

I am stressing big time over the paperwork and requirements that come with selling a house.
I have everything I need, I worry about not having everything I need.
I found that I have more copies than I need,  of one thing  ,  but that is good.
I thought one thing that I needed was in a bank in NYC .. the lawyer has it ... yay !

I interviewed a mover this morning.
No thanks.
How much ???? good god, no thank you .

I just stop and pet the cats, drink some tea, appreciate the view and stop thinking about the drive down alone, making a mistake, any mistake ..
I just hate it when people let me down.
When people make a commitment then back out .
There are so many things that I worry about ... even things I can't do anything about .. I just worry.
I have not had company in weeks, no one even calls.
I guess I was lucky to have had that for as long as I did.
It is sad to be disappointed by people you really counted on.
But I guess that is Life ... humans, you are lucky when you find the ones that you can count on.

I had a friend who was there whenever anything happened.
Fun things, happy things, terrible things, worries, laughs, she was there.
Then this and that changed for her ... she dropped me.
No emails, no nothing .. like I was never there ..
This saddens me on so many levels but the one that worries me is ... when you make a friendship online, is it real ?
Or are they only real when you actually have met ?
I totally understand life changing and things being different, if I didn't understand that I would be some knucklehead !
My entire life changed in an instant ..
But I sort of always depend on everything else remaining the same.
Maybe that is my way of keeping less insane, less frightened .. less insecure.

I am interviewing moving companies.
Today was a No .. I have a list .. tomorrow I will call the next Big Company.
If anyone has a long distance mover recommendation - do tell me. Please & thank you !

So that is what's happening here .
Of all the people who let me down and disappoint me, there is one lady here who I am so grateful to and grateful for. Lenore, I love you.
For those who let me down, the future will tell that tale. What happens next is whatever you earned.

Friends are telling me how it is in Buenos Aires.
I will still go visit as soon as possible.
Friends are telling me about beautiful days in another part of Florida and I think about that.
I will visit there too.

It is nice to at least feel I have a choice .. that I am not yet in the position of Having to do something that I just don't want to do. Thank goodness for that.


Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger