It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, October 24, 2015

A Very Nice Day

I had visitors today.
I have not seen them in quite some time so it was a much looked forward to visit as well as the anticipation in seeing one of the visitors who is growing fast, starting to talk, walks and runs and already has a wicked sense of humor.
A twinkle in the eye .. on a little boy that small ... oh the wonder of him and what he will be when he grows up !

It was a lovely visit.
Good food, lots of laughs, fresh air, leaves, cats, baby kisses , and then goodbyes.
It was a very nice day.

The cats were not even upset ... they seemed to just accept the fact that the Little Human was not harmful or a threat and they were able to nap and whisper to each other with no one bothering them.



It is getting cold ... it feels like Winter.
I forgot I put things in the wash so I had to scurry down to the basement of fear and dread and throw them in the dryer.
Scurrying back up the stairs like a monster was right behind me.

Never again.
Wherever I live next, the laundry will be on the same floor as the kitchen and other rooms and it will be well lit, have finished ceilings and no dark corners .

I might accept the idea of a condo if that is what it takes.
A modern condo with fresh paint, finished everything and a good monthly exterminator .. that has an appeal.

Whether they speak English or Castellano, I will see what Fate has in store for me and the cats.




3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fantastic day for humans and kitties alike :)
    There is a beautiful moon out tonight, maybe the furry babies will see some deer out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a tiny basement, just large enough for seasonal storage. Thank goodness it isn't scary. My laundry is in the garage which is quite a ways away but our weather is so temperate that it isn't a problem.

    How lovely you got to have a visit with your family, there is nothing quite like it to lift the spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful you had such a nice day! It's really great that your kitties were fine with little human :-)
    When I lived in the apartment, I had to walk outside to go to laundry facility. So I could never do laundry in the evening!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger