It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Maybe ..... Someday ....

I am waiting for visitors to show up ... driving over the hills and through the dales, over the river and through the woods, to my house.

This is my weekly treat.
I do not take it for granted and I understand if it is too much for everyone to do every single weekend but I thank god they do it and I am so glad that I am not facing a weekend of empty silence and lonely cooking ( if you can call boiling water for couscous - cooking) and watching movies on the computer.

With no one sitting beside me to laugh at my critiques, with no one to make me laugh at his comments. Or snuggle me  ... you know how it is .. you start out watching tv , sitting side by side and about halfway through the movie, someones head is on someones shoulder and someones arm is around the other and that is the way it goes.

I have to get a kitten or a puppy.
I think I might start with the kitten.
They can be left at home longer.
I am still afraid of the dark here, I don't know if a puppy would just make that worse, how can I walk it at night ?

I should go visit someone in Florida.

I should visit our friends in London.

I should drop in on a friend somewhere ....

Maybe

someday.



4 comments:

  1. Winter is a time of many losses in my own life, so in a way I relate to this. Occasionally when I'm ordering gifts, and I think of the Aunt who introduced all of us to the delicious OH Danish Kringle, for example, the Aunt who just passed a month or so ago .... I tear up. I have many fond, fond memories of such different holiday times, all of them seemingly wrapped around people now gone from my life. Well, time to make new memories, with the next generation, too. (Not that watching the OCCASIONAL movie on the computer is all bad, just sayin' :-)). I'm fighting a nasty sinus bug this week, so I'm perhaps more subdued than usual.

    I hope things are well with you and that your weekend is very full of good things. Your blog has led me to so many interesting reads and looks for MY weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that your family will drive the loneliness away for a while until it lessens with time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many puppies, dogs, kittens and cats that are in need of a forever home. Helping save the life of one of God's lovely creatures will help you as well. I think you're right in starting with a kitten/cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know....I've been wondering why no app geek has developed an app for lonely adults. My husband is the worlds worse travel companion. He drove me completely nuts the last time we went on a trip. I swore I would never ever get on a plane or in a car (for more than an hour)with him again. But I've got all these trips planned for 2014...He hates hiking, I live in a place that tourists come from all over the world to hike. he won't get on a bike. I love biking. I just want someone to develope an app for me. I don't want to travel with anyone exactly - I just want a bunch of like minded people to be waiting at the destination. I'm one of those strange people that doesn't want a friend for life...just a couple days here and there, that has some hiking shoes, that perhaps snores so I won't feel so ackward if I happen to fall asleep on the plane, Someone comfortable with standby...I don't want a dog and I definitly don't want a cat...again. Is there an app for that?????

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger