It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Friday, November 15, 2013

My new life.

My new life.
I haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet and find myself stopping in the middle of something and getting lost in memories, thoughts, tears. I go through bouts of black despair and then someone calls and tells me they will be coming to visit and bringing a small little smiling sweetie baby with them and my heart is a tiny bit lighter. 
But even then, there is that wish at the back of my mind, If only he was here to see this too.
Every day I drive past this church. It is nice to know that something this beautiful was kept and cared for and is still used.
Everywhere you look, there they are.
Lately I have been wishing I was here. The old neighbors send sweet notes and make me cry.
"Making me cry" is easy these days . But I do miss Buenos Aires. We were so happy there.
A neighbor. I like the Highland Cattle and their babies better.
My old neighbors. I miss them. I miss that life. We were so happy.
The last of the work that we started, is being done today in our house.
I will have lights where there were none and the new locks are in and the new doors and windows and I have no money but the place is secure and looks much better.
It is just lacking one thing.



16 comments:

  1. :-( so sad and sorry for your loss. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back to your blog. Enjoy that little one!
    Time with family is what you need right now.
    Because of a recent death in my family, we are all getting together on Thanksgiving....we seem to need to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time with your grandson. It will be bittersweet I know, but it will do you good to have some company, and a sweet baby needing all those hugs you have to give to someone.

    Thinking of you, even though I don't know you,

    Hugs from Holland,
    Hetismij

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candice, it will be 6 years in December when I lost jerry. It doesn't seem that long because there are always things to remind me. every once in awhile, like yesterday, I thought I heard him arriving home calling out his long drawn out, "Hi".
    I've learned to embrace these things.
    mimi, the cigale that sings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you are writing. The road is stony and choked with leaves but you are on your journey! MtV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss Candice. I'm sending comforting hugs to you. I'm glad you're near family, and hearing from good friends in Argentina.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you positive thoughts and praying that you each day will bring with it a reason for you to smile - during this time of healing. A little baby is sure to help with this. You are strong my friend... xo C. (HHL)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping the wee baby will help to brighten your world...
    I think about you ALL THE TIME...
    Even though we have never "met"...I feel that a friend is hurting...and needs some love♥

    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Checking in on you this morning as you are on my mind and in my heart always. Sending you healing energy... sending you heartfelt love. ~Colette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you, and sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you're back and i hope that blogging here brings you some measure of comfort. The photos are beautiful.

    Thanking of you,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Will continue for you to pray for you each day. If prayers were hugs you'd be covered with them. You share you heart so tenderly. Please keep writng.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking of you, cherie. I'm happy you're thinking of the happy parts...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hugging you from afar Candice!
    Please continue to blog - we need to know you are doing OK - we care.

    Mary X

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry for your loss, please accept my sincere sympathy and condolence. I send positive thoughts your way. Take care, and it is good to see you writing

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger