It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Saying Goodbye


Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die. 

18 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, I am so very sorry x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely poem! When my mother died I didn´t want to stand by her coffin or cry by her grave, I told everybody "for me she´s not there". And I´ve never read this poem before. That´s exactly how it should be. They are in our memories and will live there forever.
    Love,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scarlett, you don't know me but I know you from Fodors and from your blogs which I have been following for quite a long time. I am so very sorry. That poem is beautiful and I hope it helps you find peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scarlett - I'm another Fodorite who lurks on your blog who sends my deepest sympathies. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My deepest condolences in this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A loss so great that an ocean could not contain it. Sorry for your sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On and off, for years, I have read and posted on Fodor's and have followed your adventures, your family so in a strange way I feel as though I know you. May each day become just a little brighter.
    Always, Karen aka Madison

    ReplyDelete
  8. A touching and beautiful sentiment.
    Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, Scarlett.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry for you deep loss. Please come back to your blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still thinking of you and still worrying about you. Sending hugs to you. (Mel)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sorry for your loss. Strength to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read that poem at my dad's funeral service twenty years ago and it still gives me comfort. I hope it does the same for you.

    My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the beautiful poem. I am with you. Mt.V



    ReplyDelete
  14. {{{Scarlett}}} Praying for you here in New Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So very sorry Scarlett - deepest sympathy from a Fodor's admirer.
    You and your family have been in my prayers since I've heard this terribly sad news.

    Stay strong and know that there are many admirers out there who truly care about you

    ReplyDelete
  16. "To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die." I saw this quote after my husband died and have always remembered it. I am so sorry for your loss, Scarlett. - another Fodor's admirer

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger