It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday , the day of rest

We were very slow this morning to get moving.
To even get dressed .. well, maybe I shouldn't say "we" .. I am getting slower and slower.
I will soon be passed by the much speedier sloth and probably a snail zooming by will give me whip lash.

I can't help it.
As my Grandmother used to say, especially in summer ... My "Get Up and Go ", Got Up and Went.

I drink quite a lot of coffee, with quite a lot of sugar in it.
I am trying to cut down.
( why is it all the fun/good stuff eventually has to be cut down ?? )

So with a tiny bit of caffeine boosting my ever so slothly ways .. ( I know- there is no such word as slothly but you knew what I meant, didn't you ?)  we took off for a nice long Sunday walk.
I had my camera, my hat (today the sun was not going to fry my head ) and I only had to come back upstairs once to change clothes.
( This is happening more often, soon I will get up at 9 am and be ready to leave , having tried on everything in the closet 100 times, by 10 pm. )

It is one of those days where it is hot in the sun, cool in the shade. Perfection.
We walked up a slight hill .. walked down a flight of steps .. walked a few more blocks and I suddenly realised that I was struggling to continue walking.
All I really wanted to do was lie  down.
Preferably in an air conditioned space .. quiet and dimly lit would be nice ..

I needed sugar , that must be it.
We bought scones.
They were so bad, we didn't even give them to the pigeons.
All of the cafes were packed, the city is quiet, everyone who could leave, went away for the long weekend. The rest are in the cafes.

I forgot what the long weekend is about this weekend.
They happen so often now- the queen , er, Presidenta keeps declaring holidays.
Must be nice if you get paid vacations.
It is nice because it is quiet, there is very little traffic and I am a cranky old woman.

So now we are home and my next big project is ..... what are we having for dinner.

First I need a nap.

How is your Sunday going ? Restful ?

2 comments:

  1. Slow can be a good thing! :) I would wilt in the kind of heat you talk about...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in the South, you would think some heat and humidity would be normal for me but I am a wimp. I do wilt. Whining all the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger