It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hot

Today the temperatures are forecast to be 89ΒΊ F and it is cloudy .. which means if you have curly hair, you are going to need a hat.
If you have straight hair like mine, it will just hang there so do something with it !

I have my sunblock on .. as soon as I walk out the door, the clouds will part.
The sun will cook me.
I am tired of wearing the same flimsy summer clothes because they are the coolest thing in the closet and I don't feel like buying something new ( I know, the heat got to me) and I keep thinking if I wait, it will cool off.

It is getting warmer.
Even the palm trees are limp.

So off we go to the market.
Scurrying along the edges of the buildings, staying in the shade, popping into various stores along the way to get a blast of air conditioning then scurrying onward.
When we enter the grocery store, the air conditioning ducts are blasting air at the doorway.
I tend to linger in that spot a little longer upon arrival.

I will buy only food that does not require cooking.
I might be inclined to buy something that can be microwaved .
Something that can be eaten in a cone or a bowl would be fine too.

If you don't hear from me again, you will know, I am that little puddle on the corner of Agote and Vicente Lopez. Adio ~


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding me what heat feels like it! I took my dog for a walk today and t was so cold, it felt like my chest was being stabbed with every breath.
    Stay cool and for heaven sake, don't turn that oven on! (although at the moment, I have a pork roast crisping in my oven :) )

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger