It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Perhaps ...

A cold grey winter day in Buenos Aires should only be spent doing one of a couple of things.
Shopping or staying in  and being cozy with warm drinks and good music.

Not one to be satisfied with making a  choice , I am enjoying my hot tea and good music while I admire my new shoes.
Let us not forget that I can do many things at once, this is a talent I am proud of.
Looking out the windows, I see that the sun gave up and just said, Here, Cloud, you can have it today but I get it tomorrow.
Let's hope Señor Cloud doesn't get all selfish and want to stay around for the whole week !
Although I appreciate Señor Cloud much more than Señor Rain who came around the other night    and didn't stop  .
So let it be cold and grey and raw, I can listen to nice music, keep my new shoes company and plan on when I will get to wear them.

Perhaps the lady that came to see the apartment today, who is coming back again with her husband, will be the ones who will fall in love and move in to this lovely old apartment.
Perhaps my husband and I are getting that little bit closer to packing up our belongings and memories and shoes and moving back to the US.

Perhaps, dinner will be delivered since we all know it is a bad idea to cook when someone might come look at the house.
You don't want it to smell of cooking and what if I miss cleaning up a spot ! ??
No, Take - Out might be the way to go .. only for the sake of the sale of the house, you understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger