It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sun and Clouds

It was one of those amazing days of sun and clouds . With a little window shopping thrown in.
Nights are getting colder, we finally had to turn on the heat. The sun shines but the air is cold, winter here is just amazing and almost always beautiful. After having lived in Portland, Oregon, we had our fill of gloom and rain . I loved Portland but I wish they had this sort of weather.
Tomorrow is the Day .. Computer day , my new computer will be set up and I will be busy with my photos and blogs and catching up.
Tomorrow night is the meeting of the Consortium.
In the US, you would call it the Tenants Meeting.
I love ours.. I love our neighbors so it is good to see everyone plus there is nothing like Argentines gathered together, discussing politics, weather, sports or in this case, keeping our administrator on her toes and keeping the building in good shape and when do we get the building washed ?
You know, the important stuff.
We are playing with the idea of sound proof windows / double glazed.
I am growing tired of weekend nights being spent listening to people in another building, laughing and making noise until around 4 or 5 am .
They have no idea how close they come to being bombarded by a screaming American woman in her nightgown, throwing eggs, rocks, water bombs or whatever is used in that night's fantasy.
So it would be good for all , if I can have a sound proofed bedroom. really.
Now.. I must go bake chocolate chip cookies.
It is this craving I have .... a result of fresh air plus cold weather .. plus the combination of my own internal Sunshine and Clouds. I worry about Pup and try not to think of what is to come, then I see him happy and frisky and I am happy too.. Chocolate is the medicine I need, other than a magic potion that will make him live forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger