It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"She hides her beautiful face"


With a red winnowing fan
she hides her beautiful face
blushing cheeks and sublime smile
this geisha girl I adore.


Japan's beautiful face is scarred and seemingly ruined in many places but as we all know, Time has an amazing way of healing all wounds, mending the scars and easing the pain and memories.
My heart aches for the people in Japan, I can only hope that their pain and fear is relieved soon and that they can return to their loved ones , safe and well.


Poem: Peter Paton

3 comments:

  1. a beautiful sentiment, put so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog from Abby J's blog and what piqued my curiosity was the poodle. We, too, have a standard poodle, only white. But, what kept me reading here was your writing, your sentiments, your lust for life. I will explore more too. Thanks for the great poems about Japan. I also see some food blogs on your sidebar that I will be checking out too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger