It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Today...

Today, what can I say ? It was just about perfect. 
We did nothing out of the ordinary, nothing surprising happened,  (if you don't count the small handful of people with a flag standing on the corner occasionally shouting into a microphone then playing music ) .. There are days that Not Knowing What They Are Talking About is OK.


We slept in a little ( or at least I did and Pup looked like he had been out partying all night when I looked down at him .) .. he sleeps on the floor on his little shearling rug next to my side of the bed. 
Which means that I pat him Good Night and I look over the side in the morning to say Hello. He will lift his head , look at me with one eye and thump his tail in answer .. 
This never fails to get me out of bed with a smile and he gets a big hug .


If I have to get up in the night or early in the morning, I slide down to the foot of the bed and exit there, so as not to Disturb the Dog .. 
Everyone is trained on the various methods to be used to Not Disturb the Dog.


I mean really, if you don't have to get up and someone else does, why should they wake you up too? 
Sleep, sleep, don't get up, sleeeep.. 
I used to love hearing that myself.. why not let Pup hear it too.


It was in the low 70's and sunny .. perfect walking in the park slowly because your knee hurts weather.


And leaving late morning meant it was perfect for stopping at the cafe on the corner for a Bloody Mary and then sitting there like a lump for an hour or two  watching the people and dogs and cars go by.
I am perfecting the Sitting there like a Lump technique.
Personally, I think I am going to pass that test with flying colors!


Pup enjoyed it too, he gets to be off-leash and is able to sniff every blade of grass at his leisure, sniffing other dogs, getting sniffed, I guess a dogs world is pretty much one big Sniff with a good nap now and then.


Tonight we are going to watch one of the DVD's that our relatives brought ... we had a field day ordering books and CD's and DVD's and cosmetics for them to carry down.
I was going to call my Sister -in- law my " favorite Mule"  but she wouldn't get it and the explaining would ruin the joke... 


Tonight's film with be Audrey Tatou in Priceless  ....  Can't wait. 
It has been over 3 years since we have watched a French movie. Too long.


Today is our daughter in law's birthday. 
We are sad that they are not here with us, I would embarrass her every time we go out, telling everyone, this is my daughter in law, mi nuera and it is her Birthday ! and we would have the waiter sing to her or something at dinner in her favorite restaurant.


Yes, I am from a family of Over the Top Birthday Celebrators.
We feel that it IS a BIG DEAL ! You were born today ! And now you are here ! 
This is something to Celebrate !! dammit. 
So let's get happy and forget about those numbers piling up !!


So let's all say Happy Birthday, M !!!  and blow out the candles and wish her many, many, more years of Happiness.       And Good Health ... yes, blow out an extra candle for her Good Health.













Thank you .. 





1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes, yes, MANY more happy, healthy years to M!! Skype will have to suffice, my friend, a pity too, but a reality.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger