It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, December 5, 2019

Christmas in Florida

I can tell you about Christmas in NC, Ca.,Hawaii,Arizona,NYC,Argentina,and now....Florida.
I have spent all but last years with loved ones,
Christmas is better when you spend it with people who love you,people you love, or at least with friends.
Include the cats and or pups if possible.

I remember the time that we were awakened by a puppy,madly tearing up gift wrapped gifts under the tree...he had SO much fun.

I remember the year that a dog we had, lifted his leg and blessed everything under the tree.

I remember Tate waiting like a Good Boy all eager and wiggly because I was holding a gift wrapped squeaky toy..I would squeeze it, it would squeak and he would  whimper and scoot closer to me.
I remember how he slept with that toy for years.

The cats are confused by all of it but the young ones catch on fast and kill all the new stuffed toys and take naps , and the old one enjoys the cuddles and treats...

I never thought about how Christmas might change as the years would go by..I miss the Christmas that I used to have..last Christmas I had no Christmas...no nothing...
This year will be different...
🎄🐈🐈🐈
Wishing you and your loved ones , pups and cats and all!
A Merry, Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!!
❤️

4 comments:

  1. I wish you the merriest Xmas and a superb Year dear Candice!!Lots of hugs and kisses from Argentina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Alica,
    I wish the cats and I could spend a few months back in BA💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Candice,
    Well, it will be mainly us and the kitties.
    I've been so worried since November 26 when we took our eldest to the vet as he was not feeling well and not eating... refusing his food. Barty boy is 15 years and 8 months so he is a senior. The vet weighed him, at 11.8 lb he had lost some weight and she said he had fever and it would be from an 'infection'. Rather broad diagnosis but she gave him 3 shots, antibiotics and steroids.
    He was hanging in barely and still did not want to eat, he drank plenty of water though. So on Saturday evening I made my bed in the veranda where he was separated from the others, to find rest etc. Sleeping bags on the floor and my down pillows and down duvet... He snuggled up to me and loved it and even started purring. Guess that turned him around as he started eating and after 2 nights like that I went back to bed. He lost weight till 9.2 lb and in a week I will check him again and no doubt he will have gained some back. He's eating ferociously since two days.
    What a worries about our loyal companions! Only other cat-moms will understand this. Barty also has comforted me every time I had surgery or went to the hospital, such a loving soul. We can't miss them!
    On top of all this we also lost our best friend yesterday morning... A battle with cancer that could not be won.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger