It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, February 20, 2019

A February Day -playing with an Idea

A  February Day in Florida is not so bad.
No clouds although there is a Hurricane sort of storm somewhere south..
Every day I hear the calling and honking of geese flying over.
The other day a large amount of geese stopped by to eat and rest
The weather man says it will be chilly but then it will be downright hot!
Whatever.

The cats are napping and keeping watch for the occasional creatures that sneak out of the woods and sniff around and then they go back home into the woods.

Raccoons, a wolf/coyote, 1green snake, large noisey birds and an occasional neighbor cat are my visitors.
Any humans I see are usually people in stores often enough to be a “regular “ or the neighbors on each side of me.

I laugh when I think that I moved all the way to Florida to be more alone and isolated than in NY.
Not to mention there is no price treat, it is the same. And after the months that I have been here I am slightly horrified at the crime here.

The cats and I have been playing with the idea of a little house....North off here. Way North of here:)

9 comments:

  1. Linda
    A long time ago , I lived in California, my first job was modeling for advertising.. one-off my favorite photos is me wearing a hat just like the hat you are wearing in your photo..I love that hat:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have led a very interesting life Candice. I've enjoyed the little bits that you have plugged into your blog. I'd love to hear more. I've never lived more than 50 miles from the hospital I was born in. I can dream though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you posting again Candice!
    I was watching a programme on BBC last night about retiring to Buenos Aires, and the Recoleta in particulaar. It looks wonderful, I understand now why you miss it so much.
    North is good! I hope you find your little house soon.
    Hugs.
    Heti.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heti,
    Thank you so much.
    Yes Recoleta reminded us of our neighborhood on the upper East Side in NYC...and being 2 blocks from the park with a dog was perfecto :)
    Our street was Puyrredon .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Candice,
    Well, you always can find a safer subdivision with more protection if you want to.
    Moving way to the north means dealing with cold and winter weather again...
    If that is what you want; go for it!
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marietta, I live in a gated community.
    It’s safe but crime is an issue here.
    I also prefer snow to hurricanes lol
    And I miss New York and the friends and family I have there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger