It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Friday, October 19, 2018

Those Were The Days

For some reason , I forget the reason , I don't live here, this is not my view. I need to speak to whoever is in charge !!
Can you imagine, waking up and opening the curtains and there it is ? And at night !! those twinkling lights !
We rented an apt in Paris that was 2 blocks from the Eiffel Tower .. in the evening after dinner we would walk over and just look at it , soak it in .. for times like now ... when it all seems like it was a dream.
A very happy and content dream.
If you want to rent that apt, the company was  Paris Perfect 
It was a one bedroom, perfectly furnished, with walls of windows, good furniture , a great big comfy bed with a view of ...yes .. the lights from the Eiffel Tower ..
This was the last time I saw Paris. Our last trip to Europe ..We didn't realize it then but I am so glad we did that trip ... that way .. not another posh hotel with room service but a very charming apartment with windows that wrapped around and had views of Everything .. with a cafe on the corner of course.
This is why there are times when people say Those Were The Days ~

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful view...it will get better....🖤

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Paris scene. My hubby and I, years ago, spent a summer in Paris and had a view out our window of a very close apartment where we could see an artist painting on his balcony. Ah, those were the days. I hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - so much better than a hotel room!! For my next big birthday. I want to go back to Paris and Venice; I dream of taking the Orient Express for the overnight journey from one to the other, but the cost for the one night is absolutely absurd - unless I win the lottery before then, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger