It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, October 15, 2018

The Merlin Admiration Society

It's Monday.
I slept fairly well.
No one decided to groom me in the middle of the night, no one jumped off the bed and back on at 5 am .... but I still woke earlier than I had to.
I used to be a champ at "sleeping in" ... My parents were amazed at how much I could sleep.
My husband wished he could sleep in like I did.

Now .. there is no one to notice if I sleep in or not, and I wake up early every morning.

Merlin is not his old self.
I always worry .. will this be it ? is this him finally winding down ?
What will I do ?
Minette and Honey have each other but they both adore Merlin.
My house is just a big Merlin Admiration Society.
first of all, he is a Himalayan .. he is gorgeous .. how can you not love a cat with blue eyes and a tail like a feather boa ?
which by the way, he uses that tail like a boa , when he naps, the tail is sort of wrapped around him.

I knew when I got him, he was already old. But I also knew that cats can live into their 20s and he has been treated very well and has been very healthy .. but all those years before he came to live with me .. that is one of the unknowns.

So Minette and Honey hang out on the lanai, generally near Merlin.
If he comes into the house, sooner or later, they will straggle in .. going to lie down near Merlin.
I admit to often choosing the seat or sofa closest to where Merlin is napping ..

Last night he was sleeping on the floor .. by my bed.
I got up and put him in bed with me .. he snores.
I don't care.

Merlin




2 comments:

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger