It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Three Things

" They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world :
someone to love, something to do and something to hope for "

Blogoratti 


Boy did this ring true for me this morning ! I love this blog and it was there when I needed it today.

Having been thrown into a totally different kind of life in every imaginable way, I am still blundering and fumbling around, trying to find the right place and the right life for me now .. with mistakes that will be costly to correct, I am hoping that the next choice I make is the Right one and Works Out.

I have nothing to blog about.
There is a huge forest behind me, I can see it well right now, I sit by a window looking out over green lawns and pine trees ... at night I sometimes see the inhabitants ... possums, raccoons, baby deer at sunset .. and one green snake that came onto the lanai but left in a hurry.
Minette will never get over it .
Merlin keeps shaking his head and muttering about not seeing it ..
Honey says,What's a snake?

It is Sunday.
I have to remind myself of the day of the week but checking the computer clock .. one day here is exactly like all the others.

So I hope your day is full of at least one of these things on the list ..
Happy Sunday, in February ...  tell me how cold it is where you live ... what are you doing on a Sunday ?

Talk to you later ~





























8 comments:

  1. Hello from cold Sofia, Bulgaria, cuddling under the fresh snow, which has been falling all day. I don't really have to think of something to do as I'm working in the office. Instead, I'm thinking how I'll walk home in the gathering darkness to a somewhat bored husband, a warm kitchen and a supper of cheese pie and yogurt. Cheers! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Здравейте Diana ~ I am sorry you are having to work,but I hope you have a cozy evening with that tasty dinner !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's 51 degrees here in Cave Creek AZ. Brrrr. Today is my husband's 73rd b'day but he has a bad cold so will be getting takeout instead of going out for dinner. B'day celebration being postponed a week. So mostly my Sunday will be doing laundry and other household chores. Have a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from UK. 3 degrees celsius today but sunny for a change! To cold to garden as we were hoping. Went shopping, ordered new glasses-gulp! Soo expensive due to lenses. Took Krispy Kremes round to my daughter and grandsons. Daughters cat ignored me as I have spent the last week shoving antibiotic tablets down his throat! Snow expected this week, luckily I won't have to go out. I sympathise with your aloneness, 3 of my friends have lost their husbands in the last 2 years and I know how hard they are finding it.
    cheers
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for being sympathetic.
      Some days are difficult and others are easy but I know being so alone all the time is bad/bad for anyone really.

      Delete
  5. Elaine
    The way back to the cats good side is to give it treats every time you see it
    I do that
    If you give them something yucky-you have to make up for it and confuse them too.
    They won’t know if you are going to come back with another yucky tasting thing or a treat.
    Mine are easy
    They love tuna or just a dab of stinky cat food..my dog always got peanut butter 💕

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!
    Sunny and hot here in Florida...oh yes...you know that!😂
    Having a wonderful vacation...thanks for stopping by💕
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If there is a lag between your comments and them showing up on the blog, blame it on the website.
    There is a pause after posting etc ... sigh ...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger