It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Day in the Life of an Ex-Pat

Spring has sprung.
After heavy rains and now warm temperatures and brilliant sunshine, we have Spring.
In honour of Spring, we went for  a walk today.
(never mind that we go for walks every day )

We walked through parks, past shops, past restaurants and bakeries and shoe shops and then arrived, somehow, I have no idea how it happened .... in front of Zara!
Will wonders never cease !

So we had a little shop around the store and of course, I found something I had to have and then we walked home.
We received messages from realtors regarding such things as buyers but more about that later, when
it is more of a reality and not some persons fantasy.

Have I mentioned that while Zara sells mostly cheap stuff that is (at least as far as the merchandise here in BA) not worth much at all, but I can't be that picky ..
I am not one of those ladies in my neighbourhood who flies to Miami to go to the mall over a weekend.
I did manage to find something nice . . that I can use. . because the truth is ...
If I can't be packing, I will be shopping.

So there you have it ... a day in the life of an ex-pat..


So if we are  ex-pats .. when we move back to the US , will be we re-pats ?








3 comments:

  1. They have some great stuff here at Zara's and I examined things I liked closely and thought they were well made. I biought two blouses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Repats. I never thought of it that way.. but yes.. you will be! I've never been to Argentina, and i forgot that this is Springtime for you. One of these days, i'll make it to the Southern Hemisphere somewhere for a visit. Argentina, Brazil, Peru. These places sound so exotic to me. I'm getting the travel bug reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cigale, there are days that Zara has everything I want and then days where there is nothing. Today, they had nothing :(
    But as someone famous once said, Tomorrow is Another Day :)

    Mary lol .. Repat .. that's me !
    We came here for anniversary celebration and moved here 5 months later. It is a wonderful place made so mostly by the fabulous people.
    Of course, the weather and parks and architecture and birds help :)
    I am thrilled you are getting a travel bug, the best sort of bug there is.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger