It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Today in Palermo Soho

Every day, I keep saying, Tomorrow we are going to Palermo. 
But each day comes along with something new to do and my plans are set aside.

Today, we went to Palermo.
Palermo Soho.

The land of cool people, fantastic architecture, art galleries, boutiques and shoe shops and bag stores and furniture stores and cafes, bars and more coolness.

I think it beats the Soho of NYC by a mile. 
Don't get me wrong, I used to go to NY Soho on Sundays and shop my little heart out. 
I had my favourite shops that were just for dreaming and then there were the places where they knew me by name.  
But here, I am just a shopper, an outsider, no one knows me by name.
And that is just fine with me. I carry my camera , no one bothers me, I shop if I see something I like and we stop in great little cafes for a break.
But what I love about this area is the way it looks.
"Old" Buenos Aires. 
I hate to see new buildings going up, big blocks that are square and ugly with no character whatsoever. 
The doors are great big blank things with locks on them.
 Here, a door is a work of art !
Enjoy the photos, imagine yourself here, warm sun, cool breeze, dry and comfortable for long, very long walks on cobble stone streets. 
Have fun ~


2 comments:

  1. We stayed in an apt in Palermo Soho for 10 days a couple of years ago. I wouldn't call us cool, but we love our time there!

    Susan B

    ReplyDelete
  2. The buildings are stunning....love that front door..

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger