It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

How I Got This Scar

Winter here is longer than Winter in other lands.
Really !
It is at least 6 months long , maybe even almost a year.
Really !

It doesn't snow , so that is a good thing.
It doesn't get icy or sleet, except in summer when the storms hit and hail falls..
so the cars all drive around for the next 25 years with dents all over them.
Ice will gather in the gutters for a little while before they melt.
But  snow ? you have to go to the mountains for that.

Many of the trees stay green, the grass in the parks is pretty green and the green parrots are still flying around in their little squadrons., always making a racket, arguing more than I do with anyone who has the bad idea of disagreeing with me on any given day.

I have Cabin Fever.

My leg is not healing the way it should, the doctor did something painful and gave me this smelly orange stuff to spray on it and it might just be getting better but it is still ugly.
 I am still not allowed to walk far ( I break this rule every day) and I know the scar will be ugly.

I am taking suggestions for the story that I will make up about How I Got This Scar.

Last night the Story about the horse that ran away with me on the pampas came to mind ... or the day I saved a family of cats from wild dogs in Uruguay ...but nothing really has clicked so far.
Feel free to post in the comment section, your good story of How I Got This Scar.

In other news, there is no news.
No one is looking at our apartment because the government is too busy screwing up everyones lives with their desperate grasping for money wherever they can get it.
Everyone is waiting to see what happens next.

I guess that might be the sight of Me, running down the street screaming about Scars, Parrots and Grand-babies .

There is no Grand-baby but I have plans.
Well, I have thoughts of other people having plans.
I would suggest a few things but I know how to keep my mouth shut.
Sometimes.
Now and then, but not often.

I miss Pup and I have been thinking about what kind of dog we will have when we move to our next new home and adventure.
I do know I want a little cat.
I think that would round out the family unit just right.
Two old people and a dog and cat in an old house with a garden and fireplace.
Now I just have to find 2 old people.

I hope your weekend is excellent. I hope you are not in pain, limping or cranky.
Be sure to tell me about warm sunshine and not wearing a coat, scarf and gloves when you go out. Just to round out my crankiness.

besitos...

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about missing 'Pup'. Sox has been gone for nearly 7 weeks and I still expect her to run through the back door from the garden when I shout "FOOD!".

    As for HOW I GOT THAT SCAR?

    I was 20 and was checking out a brothel in Hanover. It was a 'fact finding' mission (honest), not a ... well, you know what I mean.

    The resident heavy's took exception to my presence and my 'questions' and, as I left the building, they followed. Just as I was approaching Hanover's mainline station, they caught up with me and stuck a knife into me back(lower right side). Luckily nearby Bahnhof police intervened and they ran off before they could do any real damage. I was left with only a small wound and a tinsy-winsy scar.

    As I recall, I said "Ouch!" an awful lot.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger