It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tuesday .. wherein she tries to avoid decision making ..

All I have to say about Tuesday is that the plumber is here, we like him a lot, we might have to call  our painter, we like him also, to repair some leftover damage from water leaks.

Thanks to the antiquated machinery still working, breaking down and leaking in the apartment upstairs.

We are thrilled with the ladies who manage the building.
They know what they are doing and they do it well.
Overall, the women in the city , probably this country, are formidable.
They are confident, smart and most of them are beautiful.
They can make decisions without risking meltdowns.

Sometimes I wish I had been born here, I would have that self assurance and know my way around, metaphorically speaking, plus I would know my way around !

I would also speak perfect Castellano.
But for someone who was not born here and speaks really lousy Castellano, I (we ) could not be luckier than to have moved here, lived in this building and known these people.

While all this pipes, plumbing , holes in the wall drama is played out , right outside my door , I sit here and try to figure out what to do first when someone buys our apartment.
These things can move really quickly once they have the agreement.
All real estate deals are done in cash here so there is no banking involved, mortgages etc.
There are not even inspectors and unnecessary expenditures that are somehow pushed on us in the US ..

I have been feverishly going through online Real Estate websites, every night.
I find grand Center Hall Colonials, Mid-century Moderns and Charming Cottages, all waiting for me to walk through them and declare them Home Sweet Home  ! or What a Dump !
(does anyone know the movies where those phrases were spoken? or just the actor will do)
The decisions involved are endless... boggling.

Thanks to an online discussion about making Chicken Soup, I was able to decide on making soup, my apartment smells very homey.
There is a chance that we might just eat out tonight and forget about the soup, apartment and moving and packing and the gazillion things that float around my/our heads each day.
I would like my biggest decision today to be ... Salad or Soup. Fish or Chicken. Dessert ?

to be continued ...........

2 comments:

  1. Bette Davis in "Beyond the Forest" and parodied by Elizabeth Taylor in "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"

    Google is a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha ~ Very good googling :)
    You should see the movie, she was so good. And the other quote ?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger