It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Merry Merry Month of May

Today is my daughter-in-laws birthday,  tomorrow my daughters birthday.
How lovely is that ??
It is also the beginning of Autumn here. . where I live ... down at the Bottom of the World..

The days are bright  with blue blue skies and the sun shines and it is cold.
The nights require a bit of heat and a down comforter.
No droning of air conditioners, no tossing the covers off then searching for them in the night ... just quiet, soft, warm cuddly sleep .

I admit that getting up in the night or early in the mornings is a bit of a shock .. why did I choose marble for the bathroom floors ?
Why didn't I get the big ugly gas heater in the bedroom instead of the modern electric thing that has to be on for hours before it warms things up ?
With ceilings at least 15 feet high, all the heat goes straight up there ..
I need to raise the bed .. a few feet.
Several feet.

I find myself thinking about cooking.
So far, just thinking.
Soups and pasta dishes , things that go in the oven, like brownies or cookies.
Then I sort of lose that thought and we call in something warm and spicy instead.
But I will bake something chocolate this week, really.

I have some winter clothes out and all my summer things still out so the dressing room is not my favorite room right now.
I want everything neat and in its place.
But I didn't quite figure out how to do this and think of packing if someone buys the apartment this year.
So far, we have not had one looker in 2 weeks. Depressing.

So I have summer clothes waiting to be put away and winter clothes waiting to be out and I still stand there and stare at the closet and tell my husband that I have nothing to wear.

I think a visit to the shops is needed.
Then I won't worry about finding things, the new things will be waiting.
I am thinking of odd shoes that I see everywhere here. Sort of clog/Birkenstock-ish things in black suede that have big platform bottoms and look very comfortable and will make me tall.
I like that.
And then there are the boots and the cute ballet flats , I want to stock up on shoes before we leave.

Tomorrow , my daughters birthday and then let's hope someone sees the apartment and says I have to have it now !
This will be my wish for May.

Happy May to you  !

4 comments:

  1. It's always so much work, going from one season to the next, but don't you just love sleeping in a nice, cool room? Ahhhh.

    Rugs. Rugs in your bathroom. :-) Take it from a woman in Minnesota. :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the apartment sells soon so that you can see the birthday people! MtV

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I hope you get a viewer for your flat soon...it sounds wonderful I love high ceilings ;-)
    We're waiting for the summer here in London...rain, rain and more rain is forecast !
    Enjoy your day and your daughter (s) birthdays.
    Catherine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant Pearl !

    Thank you Anony .. from your mouth to ....

    Thank you Catherine, I admit to not being the most patient person, but it is a lovely flat and at least we are waiting in a beautiful spot :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger