It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Palermo Soho again

It was one of those beautiful days, with temperatures around 80ºF and lots of bright sunshine.
After the usual 24 cups of coffee, what ? you don't drink that much coffee in the morning ? well, maybe I exaggerate a tiny bit .. we grabbed a taxi and took off for Palermo Soho.

I felt the need to shop in fresh territory.

There were so many people there !
Everywhere I heard English being spoken.
I kept my lips zipped ..  I was being Argentine.
We just walked along the streets we know best and of course, first place we came upon was our Mexican restaurant, Xalapa .. love this place !

And instead of using some tiny bit of will power and just having something light, I ended up sharing these plates of little "flautas" , dipping them into a bucket of delicious guacamole and washing them down with Margaritas.
The drinks were too strong and I really didn't want the day to pass in an alcoholic haze so I sipped a bit then stopped.
I know as long as I can still feel my nose, I am good to go.

Off we wandered, stopping every 5 steps so I could take a photo .. another Door photo, the buildings are out of some movie about South America .. I have to take photos of them all !
Then , jabbering away to each other the entire time, we got lost, found our way back, all the while taking photos and pointing out things of interest to each other .. window licking at its finest, people watching too.

Then we ended up at Pauls.
My favorite store for Home things .
I bought Té de Bergamot room spray and we bought packages of amazing teas ..
Green tea mixes with names  like Strawberry Fields and one that I love but can never remember the very odd name.
I will stock up on it for gifts for loved ones .. and for me .

I took a gazillion photos , we came home before we melted, my computer decided to not allow me to download the photos and we had tomato sandwiches for dinner.

All in all, a mighty fine way to spend a Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. twenty four cups of coffee and margaritas and flautas? good lord, you sound like a fun gal to hang out with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the old building and what looks like weeping willows. MtV.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger